Sunday, May 07, 2006

Regret


I wandered down a country road;
My heart so full of pain.
I wondered if I'd gone too far;
My tears were in the rain.
I didn't mean to hurt you so;
There's nothing I can say.
Time will have to heal the loss;
For Love can't find a way.

I wandered down a country road;
And watched the falling leaves.
There is no balm or quiet rest;
For the broken heart that grieves.
There will never be tomorrow;
We never had today.
We'll never know what could have been;
There's nothing left to say.

Mrs darling

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Well, I had no idea you were a poet, Mrs. Darling!! These are great! I think I'll have to grab a cup of coffee and enjoy my time here... I'm a huge poetry fan. I've pretty much worn out my "Best Loved Poems of the American People" book. Ahhhhh.... such fun to get lost in a poem!!