Sunday, May 07, 2006

New Years Prayer

Sitting by my open fire
my soul is longing to go higher.

Lift me out of the mundane;
let me see through dreary rain.

Let me know that You are there,
show me that You really care.

When my heart is torn asunder
when circumstances make me wonder;

Hear the cry of the inner man,
stoop down and show me that I can.

Manifest yourself in me,
let me only heaven see.

Lift me up from earths dark smog
be my light within the fog.

I cannot see the road ahead;
I only know that you have said

to bring my cares and toils to you
and wait to see what you will do.

So here I am sprawled at your feet,
crying, begging, so very beat.

A new year lies before me Lord,
to mess it up I cant afford.

I need your wisdom and your grace
to guide my children in this race.

I long for more of heavens love,
a spirit gentle as the dove.

Give me a heart for souls that wander
help me not my life to squander.

Tune my heart to hearth and home,
never let my spirit roam.

Teach me Lord to number days,
And you alone direct my ways.

Sitting by my open fire,
with heart of love may I aspire

to be all that I can be,
so others see yourself in me.

~Mrs Darling 2006

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely poetry! I have a feeling I've been to your poetry site before but I'm not entirely sure.

P.S. Thanks for commenting on my blog a while ago. I've been meaning to stop by but life got a little crazy. :0)

Irene said...

May God bless you with what your heart longs for.

Maggie Ann said...

Mrs.Darling...this so blessed my heart! Would you mind if I copied off a copy for my personal use...like tucked in the back of my Bible? And may I have a copy of the picture too? They go together beautifully. I am blessed to have taken the time to come by today. Thankyou.

Lori said...

Beautiful... Looking for to more as inspiration rises. Lori Lee

lori said...

WOW....that is beautiful! I have never been before...
wow...
I am going to read more!
lori

Joyfulsister said...

I really enjoyed reading your poems.. I too love to write poems, come visit when you can.. I'll be comming back to read more..